Friday, May 4, 2012

Kit Review: LM-HG Sachiel 3rd Angel

This review is about the LM-HG Sachiel 3rd Angel which I finished painted a month ago. Its #011 from the original LM-HG Eva Series released by Bandai in 1997 and is the last kit on the series.


This review is a short one since there isn't really much Sachiel can do compared to the Evas Units from the LM-HG Eva Series and is very unique in design.

Sachiel doesn't really have a head. Instead he has a mask on his chest. The mask can rotate on its center.


Sachiel uses a inner frame skeleton that is very articulated when outside the rubber skin. But once inside the rubber skin, the joints loose a lot of the articulation due to the stiffness of the rubber.

The arms can go in just past completely vertical and can stretch out as much as the shoulder armor will allow before they pop-out of the socket.



The elbow can twist 360 degrees.


The rubber skin doesn't really allow the arms to swing forwards at the shoulder but there is a joint on the bicep. But again, the rubber skin will only allow a bit of motion.


The waist can bend back and bend forward and twist a bit from left to right.




The legs can bend both at the knee and at the hip but is practically useless since there is no movable ankle. Also the rubber skin will want to push the thigh back when bent, so balancing Sachiel with bent legs is a bit hard.


The fingers and claws are are a nice touch on Sachiel. They are made of a bendy material and can be bent at what would be the joints on the fingers and retain the position. The spikes for the elbow are originally permanent but I modified them to be removable. In the anime, the elbow spike can retract into the forearm and come out the palm and serve as a weapon. Having the elbow spike removable allows for a more anime accurate setting.


LM-HG 3rd Angel Sachiel Photo Gallery

2 comments:

  1. Hey there, you are a very talented modeler, this kit are amazing, I have to say that I am a little fan of the anime series included the new rebuilt movies, I buy it the major part of the units, I still have it into their boxes due to space, I dye of wishes to assembly but I don't have any place to put it like they deserve.

    I try to find this model here in america, but it be a little rare item, like I said I really like the work you did here, it looks totally awesome. Henrry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you. I wish I was able to paint the rubber skin but it was too slippery. But I'm very happy with the final result. I'm glad you like it.

      Delete