Sunday, September 28, 2014

Painted Kit: 1/3 Kanu Unchou

Had two kits in the process of painting in the past week and this is one of them. Its a 1/3 scale figure of Kanu Unchou from Ikkitousen. It is the largest figure I own, in scale and in height, coming in at just under 18 inches.



It is one of the two kits I painted this week and was completed first due to its simplicity and few number of parts. Preparation for the kit, however, has been for months, working on it a little at a time. Most of the preparation went to making Kanu very long hair into one smooth flowing piece, as the kit had the hair in several pieces. And with the size of the kit, the seams and gaps that needed filling for the hair were big and a lot. The kit also didn't have Kanu's ahoge, the long strand of hair that sticked out from the top of her head. This piece I had to make with some G.I. wire, epoxy putty and a lot of careful filling.

366 View



Face and Hair





For Kanu's hair, I decided to make it navy blue to near black rather than Kanu's usual dark purple hair.

Body and Clothes




Weapon


This is the head of Kanu's spear. I always liked the silver blade / gold dragon head combo for her spear. I went for the darker blade as well.

Due to the size of the kit, I couldn't get a lot of full body photos since I had a small backdrop when doing my photography. These are just a few more half body photos at different angles.






A little size comparison between Kanu and a Mega Size Gundam kit.


No comments:

Post a Comment