Monday, January 7, 2013

Painting: 1/100 AGX-04 Gerbera Tetra - Primer and Base Coat

After a long hiatus, I am finally able to get back to working on my kits. And first up is my SMS 1/100 Gerbera Tetra Full Resin Kit. I got the kit April last year and was able to do the necessary preparations needed before painting the kit but was unable to get to painting it afterwards.

For primer, I used Bosny Plastic Primer, decanted and applied via airbrush. Since Bosny Plastic Primer is clear, I applied a coat of gray paint to act as the primer's color. After the gray dries, I apply the base coat. The base coat I use consists of two layers. First is a layer of gloss black followed by a layer of metallic silver. I then apply a coat of Future Wipe and Shine to further add gloss to the base coat.

The two layers of paint together produces a dark silver metal effect. This color will act as both a base coat for the following color coat and be the final color for all the silver sections. The color of the base coat and the added gloss from Future Wipe and Shine will help the color coat produce a metal and candy tone.

Here are the different sections base coated and partially built.

Body



Head


Arms

Legs

Feet

The kit contains two sets of shoulders. One is the shoulders for the original Gerbera Tetra while the second one is for the Gerbera Tetra Kai.

Shoulders


Kai Shoulders

Rifle.

No comments:

Post a Comment