Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Painting: 1/100 AGX-04 Gerbera Tetra - Color Coat, Pre-shade and Detailing

Continuing with the painting of the SMS 1/100 Gerbera Tetra Full Resin Kit, after applying the base coat, some masking and a bit of pre-shading is needed. I used black as a pre-shade.




After the pre-shade dries, the color coat follows. The color I used is a custom mix of 1:5 red acrylic paint to Future Floor Shine. This makes the color more translucent but not completely clear.






I applied the color just like a regular coat despite the pre-shade. The added translucence on the mix allows the silver base and pre-shade to still show even though its a full coat.

Once the color coat dries, extra colors are added. In the custom color scheme I used on the Gerbera Tetra, white is the only extra color and that goes mostly on the Kai Shoulders and as trim at the bottom of the legs, top of the feet, tip of the rear skirt and rear shoulder. The color I used was metallic pearl white.

After applying the extra colors, detailing follows. To keep up with the color scheme, I used metallic colors to paint some details. I use copper, silver and black.


Here are some more photos showing a closer look of the detailing I applied on the Gerbera Tetra.









No comments:

Post a Comment