Friday, February 15, 2013

Painting: 1/7 Kanu Unchou

With all the prepainting preparations finished on the kit, I can now start with the painting process of my 1/7 Kan'u Unchou resin kit.



Starting with the primer.




The gray primer will also serve as the base color for most pieces.

For Kan'u's hair I used ultramarine blue.


That I then pre-shaded with black.



And highlighted with a regular blue shade.


For her skirt and the uniform's collar, a light shade of blue is the main color.


Later post-shaded with the regular blue I used to highlight Kan'u's hair.


For her body and clothes, I used a flat white base.



The body sections are then pre-shaded with red.


After the pre-shade, the skintone color is applied.


I then apply a post-shade with the same skintone paint made slightly darker.


Kan'u's nipples are also colored at this time using the post-shade skintone mixed with a little bit of red to make it more pinkish.


Next comes her gloves and shoes, that I base colored with a dark red.


The gloves get a black pre-shade and along with that, I apply the black base color for the base and weapon.


The gloves then get a final color of bright red, instead of the dark red used for the base color.


For Kan'u's shoes, the dark red base is followed by a brown color, later post-shaded with a deep dark red.


Kan'u's weapon gets a silver finish with the dragon's head getting a gold finish.
After the silver is applied, I add a bit of black pre-shade.


I also applied a metallic green color on the dragon's eye for extra detail.


The only extra details on the kits are the trim on her uniform.
Blue stripes for her sleeve, white stripes for her collar and a yellow scarf.


All the pieces then get a protective top coat.


With the top coat dry, I can now paint Kan'u's eyes.



I really messed up this one on the first try and I ended up stripping and repainting the face. On the second attempt, I still messed it up, but not as badly as the first. Luckily, the eye's will be partly covered by bangs of her hair.

Once the gloss top coat I applied to the eyes dry, Kan'u can now be assembled.

Starting with her face.


Then her hair.


Her body.


And her weapon, which attaches to one of the arms.


Put her together and stand her on the base. On the base I applied a thin coat of metallic silver that's just enough to show silver while still looking black


Here's a closer view of Kan'u.


1/7 Kan'u Unchou Resin Kit Photo Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment