Thursday, July 25, 2013

Painting: 1/8 Tsukikage

After cleaning and doing all preparations on Tsukikage, painting can now commence.

Starting with base coating after some primer. Normally I add a gray base coat before the actual color coat but decided to skip that this time.



I worked on the skintone first. This time, instead of my usual mix of skintone paint, I decided to try the "Clear Skintone" method used by some Japanese modellers. Using a paint mix of clear and fluorescent colors. This one also used lacquer.



I made a mistake when I applied it, applying the shade color first then the skin color. It should have been the other way around and only found out later when I have finished applying it. After applying a few tweaks to the coats, I was able to save the skintone without having to strip and redo the parts.

After the skintone, I applied black shading on the hair.


Once the skintone dried, I applied some masking and applied the other colors and some post-shading of black.



Some minor assembly and detailing followed.




And now for the eyes. I tried to put two lines of blue for the iris but it didn't really show in the end.



A bit of semi-gloss top coat is applied and the kit can now be assembled.




The kit doesn't come with a base so I had to make one. And since Tsukikage is on a seated position, she need to sit on something. On the picture from E2046, she was sitting on a tree, so I got an real branch, dried it and then painted it.


Sitting her on the base, Tsukikage is complete.


Completed gallery here.

No comments:

Post a Comment