Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Painting: 1/6 Kanu Unchou on Knees

Continuing on after preparing the 1/6 Kanu Unchou on Knees resin kit, it is now time for painting. (The completed kit will contain NSFW images.)

Starting with some primer.



After the primer, I first started to paint the skin tone using the clear skin method.




Next is the hair. Using a black as a base, brilliant blue for the main hair color and black again as a post shade.



For her clothes, I start with Kanu's top and socks which I colored white when I based the body. Added a bit of black pre-shade then a thinned coat of white.



For the scarf, its a lemon custard color with black pre-shade.


Kanu's shoes are a dark brown with black soles. I post shaded it black to give the dark brown an even darker shade.



Her gloves are an engine red with black post-shade.



For Kanu's weapon, I decided to use silver to give it a metal look. Using white as the blade's base and black for the handle's base, I get two shades of silver with the same silver paint. After finishing the pre-shade, I then color the dragon head design with an old gold shade and emerald for the dragon's eyes.




Some detailing was also needed for the blouse and scarf.

 
The eyes's of this Kanu are a lot smaller than other anime figure eyes. They are a bit more realistic is size.




After painting the eyes, I colored the lips with a base of light flesh followed by the mix I used for shading the skin tone. I also decided to add some eyelashes made from hairs from a brush to complete the "real girl" look. Next time I might use false eyelashes that I will cut to size.


After applying gloss to the painted eyes and allowing that and the glue for the eyelashes to dry, assembly can now be started.

First, the socks and shoes, arms and scarf need to be assembled.


Followed by the thighs to the socks then the thighs to the body. Then the blouse is installed followed by the arms.





Before the head is attached, the front section of the hair need to be placed on the head.



The head can now be attached to the head with the scarf in between the shoulders and the head. The end of Kanu's long hair is now attached then the back section of the hair to the back of the head. The ahoge is glued after.




With the body complete, the skirt is attached.



Lastly, Kanu's weapon.


The kit doesn't come with a base, So I got one of my sushi plates and used it for Kanu's base.




Completed kit gallery here.

No comments:

Post a Comment