Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Painting: 1/100 Kshatriya Resin Kit - Waist and Skirts

After quickly starting this section when I finished the head and torso, I placed it on hold right in the middle of the build. Now, I am finally able to complete the waist and skirts of the 1/100 Kshatriya.



A few parts needed a bit of putty and scribing after getting cleaned and sanded.



After applying the primer gray, I started off with the white sections, pre-shaded and finished with metallic pearl white.



A bit of masking later and I paint everything in the normal green shade.


The dark green shade is painted next after some more masking.


Then the last shade of green, Old Ivy, is added after masking some of the dark green.


After some pre-shading, I finish the green with a coat of metal green.




When the metal green dries, more masking follows to color the dark silver sections. Starting with a black base followed by a metallic silver color.



To complete the colors, I add some bronze accents.


A ton of detailing then follows using bronze, copper, light gold, dark gold and silver. Once detailing is done, panel lines, decals and a gloss top coat finishes everything.






Here are the parts put together.





And with the head and torso attached.




Next, painting of the legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment